English For All
السلام عليكم في منتدانا الغالي،
نتمنى أن تكونوا بأحسن الأحوال ونتمنى لكم زيارة ممتعة. إذا كانت هذه زيارتك الأولى للمنتدى، فيشرفنا أن تقوم بالتسجيل إذا رغبت بالمشاركة في المنتدى، أما إذا رغبت بقراءة المواضيع والإطلاع فتفضل بزيارة القسم الذي ترغب أدناه.
English For All
السلام عليكم في منتدانا الغالي،
نتمنى أن تكونوا بأحسن الأحوال ونتمنى لكم زيارة ممتعة. إذا كانت هذه زيارتك الأولى للمنتدى، فيشرفنا أن تقوم بالتسجيل إذا رغبت بالمشاركة في المنتدى، أما إذا رغبت بقراءة المواضيع والإطلاع فتفضل بزيارة القسم الذي ترغب أدناه.
English For All
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

English For All

تاريخ إنشاء المنتدى: الأربعاء أكتوبر 16, 2013 1:54 pm عُمر المنتدى (بالأيام): 3846 تاريخ اليوم: السبت أبريل 27, 2024

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

Will or going to or the pressent progressive

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Peaceful man
عضو مبتدئ
عضو مبتدئ
Peaceful man

عدد المساهمات : 28
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/10/2013
العمر : 44

Will or going to or the pressent progressive Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Will or going to or the pressent progressive   Will or going to or the pressent progressive I_icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello dear students
I bring to you the lesson of

Expressing the future

enjoy

WILL

We use will:
-       To make a prediction, to say what we believe will happen in the future. We usually use it with expressions such as I think, I believe, I bet, I am sure/ afraid, I suppose, I hope or adverbs such as probably, perhaps, possibly, certainly, etc.
      I’m sure she’ll pass the exam.
      I’ll probably be at school early tomorrow morning.
-       For decisions that we make spontaneously, at the time when we are speaking.
      The phone is ringing. I’ll answer it.
-       To offer our help to somebody: I’ll help you with your homework.
-       To make a promise: I promise I won’t be late.
-       To ask somebody to do something for you: Will you open the door for me?
-       To warn somebody about something: Be careful! You’ll hurt yourself with that knife.
-       To talk about something that will definitely happen in the future because it is inevitable, we cannot change or control it using external factors:
      The sun will rise at 6.35 tomorrow.
The temperature will drop during the weekend.

BE +GOING TO

We use going to:
-       When we refer to future plans, to something that we intend to do in the future.
We’re going to buy a new car next month.
-       When we know that something is going to happen in the future because there is something in the present that show us this, an indication.
Look at those clouds. It’s going to rain.

PRESENT CONTINUOUS

We use the present continuous in the future:
-       When we are talking about what we have already arranged to do.
What are you doing tomorrow evening? I’m going to the theatre.
Are you playing football tomorrow?
-       There is a suggestion that more than one person is aware of the event, and that some preparation has already happened.
            I'm meeting Jim at the airport = and both Jim and I have discussed this.
      I am leaving tomorrow. = and I've already bought my train ticket.
-       The time is nearly always given and is usually in the immediate future.
He is playing in the concert tonight.
We are meeting him after the performance.

FormAffirmativeNegativeQuestion

WillI will write the lettersI won’t write the lettersWill I write the letters?
Going toYou are going to write the lettersYou aren’t going to write the lettersAre you going to write the letters?
To be + verb+ ingI am playing basketball tomorrow.I’m not playing basketball tomorrowAre you playing basketball tomorrow?

The future: summary
FormUse Example
Will- Prediction
- Instantaneous or spontaneous decision, promise, request, warning.

- Certain (inevitable) action in the future
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the film.
They’re here. I’ll open the door.
I’ll help you with your homework.
There will be a solar eclipse at 4.20 tomorrow.
Going toFuture plan, intention
Prediction (with an indication in the present)
They’re are going to get married
Look at those clouds. It’s going to rain.
Present continuous-Events that have already been arranged.
-Time adverb.
-I’m seeing David tomorrow.

Complete with will or going to.

1) Philip....................................... (be) 15 next Wednesday. 
2) They....................................... (get) a new computer. 
3) I think, my mother...................................... (like) this CD. 
4) Paul's sister.................................. (have) a baby. 
5) They.............................. (arrive) at about 4 in the afternoon. 
6) Just a moment. I....................................... (help) you with the bags. 
7) In 2020 people....................................... (buy) more hybrid cars. 
8)Marvin.................................. (throw) a party next week. 
9) We...................................... (fly)to Venice in June. 
10) Look at the clouds! It................................................ (rain) soon. 

Complete with will or going to.
1. A: Why are you holding a piece of paper?
B: I (write) ........................................ a letter to my friends back home in Texas.

2. A: I'm about to fall asleep. I need to wake up!
B: I (get) ............................................. you a cup of coffee. That will wake you up.

3. A: I can't hear the television!
B: I (turn)....................................... it up so you can hear it.

4. We are so excited about our trip next month to France. We (visit)............................................... visit Paris, Nice and Grenoble.

5. Sarah (come)................................... to the party. Oliver (be)................................. there as well.

6. Ted: It is so hot in here!
Sarah: I (turn)............................................ the air-conditioning on.

7. I think he (be)............................................. the next President of the United States.

8. After I graduate, I (attend) .............................................. medical school and become a doctor. I have wanted to be a doctor all my life.

9. A: Excuse me; I need to talk to someone about our hotel room. I am afraid it is simply too small for four people.
B: That man at the service counter (help) ....................................... you.

10. As soon as the weather clears up, we (walk) ..................................... down to the beach and go swimming.

Fill in the gaps with the correct future tense - will, going to or present continuous.

1. Tomorrow they....................................  (drive) to New York.
2.  I hope the weather............................................. (be) nice.
3.  I offered him this job. I think he......................................... (take) it.
4.  I promise I......................................  (not tell) anyone this secret.
5.  Take your umbrella with you. It..............................................  (rain).
6.  What are they........................................ (do) this evening?
7.  I...................................... (go) to the cinema tomorrow.
8.  They............................................. (fly) to Seattle next summer holidays.
9.  I...........................  (invite) 50 people to the party and I hope everyone ............................ (come).
10.  That exercise looks difficult. I............................... (help) you.
11.  ......................he.........................  (go) to the football match?
12.  Are you sure they........................................  (win) the match?
13.  She probably.....................................  (stay) until Thursday.
14. He.........................................  (not leave) tomorrow.
15. We think he........................................ (come) late in the night.

Fill in the gaps with the correct future tense - will, going to or present continuous.

-I love London. I …………………………..(probably / go) there next year.
-What……………………………. (wear / you) at the party tonight?
-I haven't made up my mind yet. But I think I……………………….. (find) something nice in my mum's wardrobe.
-This is my last day here. I……………………………. (go) back to England tomorrow.
-My horoscope says that I ………………………………..(meet) an old friend this week.
-Look at these big black clouds! It ……………………………..(rain) .
-Here is the weather forecast. Tomorrow………………………… (be) dry and sunny.
-What does a blonde say when she sees a banana skin lying just a few metres in front of her? - Oh dear! I .....................................(slip).

ANSWERS

1) Philip will be 15 next Wednesday. 
2) They are going to get a new computer. 
3) I think, my mother will like this CD. 
4) Paul's sister is going to have a baby. 
5) They will arrive at about 4 in the afternoon. 
6) Just a moment. I will help you with the bags. 
7) In 2020 people will buy more hybrid cars. 
8)Marvin is going to throw a party next week. 
9) We will fly to Venice in June. 
10) Look at the clouds! It is going to rain soon. 

1. A: Why are you holding a piece of paper?
B: I (write) am going to write a letter to my friends back home in Texas.

2. A: I'm about to fall asleep. I need to wake up!
B: I (get) 'll get you a cup of coffee. That will wake you up.

3. A: I can't hear the television!
B: I (turn) 'll turn it up so you can hear it.

4. We are so excited about our trip next month to France. We (visit) are going to visit Paris, Nice and Grenoble.

5. Sarah (come) is going to come to the party. Oliver (be) will be there as well.

6. Ted: It is so hot in here!
Sarah: I (turn) will turn the air-conditioning on.

7. I think he (be) 'll be the next President of the United States.

8. After I graduate, I (attend) am going to attend medical school and become a doctor. I have wanted to be a doctor all my life.

9. A: Excuse me, I need to talk to someone about our hotel room. I am afraid it is simply too small for four people.
B: That man at the service counter (help) will help you.

10. As soon as the weather clears up, we (walk) are going to walk down to the beach and go swimming

3. Tomorrow they are driving to New York.
2.  I hope the weather will be nice.
3.  I offered him this job. I think he will take it.
4.  I promise I won’t tell anyone this secret.
5.  Take your umbrella with you. It is going to rain.
6.  What are they doing this evening?
7.  I .am going to the cinema tomorrow.
8.  They are going to fly to Seattle next summer holidays.
9.  I am going to invite 50 people to the party and I hope everyone will come.
10.  That exercise looks difficult. I will help you.
11.  Is he going to the football match?
12.  Are you sure they will win the match?
13.  She probably will stay until Thursday.
14. He is not leaving tomorrow.
15. We think he will come late in the night.

I love London. I will probably be there next year.
# What are you wearing near future → present progressive OR future I (going to)(i) at the party tonight?
# I haven't made up my mind yet. But I think I will find something nice in my mum's wardrobe.
# This is my last day here. I am going near future → present progressive OR future I (going to)
Note: 'go' is usually used in present progressive to avoid the repetition (going to go).(i) back to England tomorrow.
# My horoscope says that I will meet You can't do anything to change that, it's in the stars. ;o) → Future I (will)(i) an old friend this week.
# Look at these big black clouds! It is going to rain something (the black clouds) is indicating that an event is going to happen in the near future → future I (going to)(i) .
# Here is the weather forecast. Tomorrow will be You can't do anything about the weather → Future I (will)(i) dry and sunny.
# What does a blonde say when she sees a banana skin lying just a few metres in front of her? - Oh dear! I am going to slip something (the blonde and the banana skin) is indicating that an event is going to happen in the near future ;o) → Future I (going to)

to download the file in word format

Will or going to or the pressent progressive Downloading

[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]

Will or going to or the pressent progressive Downloading

enjoy

A thank you won't take a minute of your time
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Will or going to or the pressent progressive
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
English For All :: التعليم الثانوي Secondary School :: السنة الثانية 2nd Year-